Cory Park, 105 Main St., Dousman, WI 53118
located off of Hwy 94 and Hwy 67, just south of Oconomowoc
The Dousman Duathlon is in its twelfth year and offers riders a lovely countryside backdrop bursting with fall colors. After you cross the finish line, enjoy food and other refreshments.
Training Rides are to start 6 weeks before the event. These rides are organized and operated by the Bike Doctor located in Dousman, WI. Details coming soon.
2 mile run 20 mile bike 2 mile run
First run leg same as second leg. Goes through Dousman and quiet residential streets surrounding the park.
A beautiful and scenic course through the country roads surrounding Dousman. Start off with a couple great hills followed by a few rolling hills.
Second run leg same as the first and finishes on a long stretch to the finish line at Cory Park.
We provide technically sound, safe, and exciting events. Participants receive a
DRI WICK SHIRT, food and fun after the event.
Awards given to the overall male/female and traditional age divisions.
This event is part of the Aurora BayCare Series which offers additional prizes.
Get a front row seat as a volunteer! Volunteers are needed throughout the event to help with participant body marking, directing athletes on and off the course, and handing out water and food. To volunteer: email@example.com or call Mike at: 920-574-2972.
Friday, Sept. 23
105 Main St., Dousman located off Hwy 94 & 67, south of Oconomowoc
3:30-5:30 p.m. - Registration/Packet Pick-Up
Saturday, Sept. 24
6-7:15 a.m. - Reg./Packet Pick-Up
7:15 a.m. - Transition Closes
7:30 a.m. - RACE STARTS
10 a.m. - Awards (Approx.)
PARKING WILL BE AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL WHICH IS A FEW BLOCKS FROM CORY PARK. NO PARKING ON MAIN STREET.
2015 Race Winners
Male Tim Petri 1:14:14
Female Bridget Witt 1:24:02
To May 19:
Adult $45 Duathlon (16 & under) $25 Relay(each) $25 Relay(each 16 & under) $20
To Sept. 23:
Adult $50 Duathlon (16 & under) $25 Relay(each) $30 Relay(each 16 & under) $20
Day of Event:
Adult $60 Duathlon (16 & under) $30 Relay(each) $35 Relay(each 16 & under) $25
(tax is included in the fees)
PLANS FOR INCLIMATE WEATHER
1. Delay the start of the race up to 1:30 hrs.
2. Modify the course
3. Cancel the race (there are no refunds for a canceled race due to weather)
EVENT RULES AND INFORMATION
1. Bike course- NO MP3 players, IPODs, radios or headphones allowed.
Run course- they are allowed.
2. Course cut off time: 4 hours after the start of the race.
3. Helmets are mandatory.
4. Drafting is not permitted. Penalties will be enforced for drafting.
5. Please remove all equipment from the transition area after the Awards Ceremony.
6. Bike Doctor has an optional bike safety check Friday and Saturday of the event.
7. Chip Pick-Up is during the registration times.
8. For safety reasons, we ask spectators to not follow your athlete in the car.
The best place to watch is at the transition area and the finish line.
9. Transition will close 15 minutes prior to the start of the event, at 7:15 a.m.
10. We do not give refunds nor do we transfer fees from one race to another.
11. Disqualification will be enforced for any disrespect of public officials,
volunteers, other athletes, or staff.